Professor/ Lector in International Business - 0,8 fte
HAN University of Applied Sciences is one of the top-rated universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands and offers degrees in the fields of economics and management, health, social studies, education, information technology and communication and engineering. In addition to education, HAN is also committed to practice-based research. As such, HAN is able to act as a local knowledge gateway in the region. Over the past decade, HAN has developed into a true university of applied sciences. One of its main aims is to conduct practice-based research that both serves and is interwoven with education and the professional field. In its institutional plan for 2016-2020, HAN prioritises research in three different key areas, one of which is Smart Region. This key research area focuses on creating an innovative and entrepreneurial region that offers both good work opportunities as well as good living, learning and recreational facilities.
The Professor of International Business (IB) will contribute to HAN’s Smart Region key research area by shaping the development of 21st century skills and thereby supporting policies to attract businesses to this region.
The Research Group for International Business is part of the Institute of International Business and Communication. It contributes to the development of the professional practice and the institute’s study programmes, in particular the practice-based research and education in the international degree courses at Arnhem Business School (ABS). The research conducted by the group focuses on managing social factors and processes in international business. The thought behind this focus is that social factors and processes in the international business domain play a decisive role in the globalisation of companies in our region.
What does HAN expect from you?
- You are responsible for recruiting partners and cliënts (midsize companies) from the region to acquire research assignments;
- You make an important contribution to expanding the network with the relevant professional practice and knowledge institutions in the region;
- With your clear vision on interational business you can translate specific issues into practice-based research questions;
- You engage in knowledge transfer and - development by giving lectures, developing real-life case studies and supervision graduation assignments;
- You organize and manage research teams;
- You arrange grant applications;
- You translate research results into educational programs;
- You are interested in all other opportunities that can make a positive contribution to the success of the HAN in general and the Lectorate of International Business in particular.
What are your qualities?
- A Phd in a relevant discipline;
- Experience in acquiring (research) projects in international business setting;
- A demonstrated history in initiating, conducting and supervising multidisiplinary research in collaboration with various parties;
- A demonstrated history with knowledge transfer and -development by teaching, lectoring and publishing articles preferably about international business in peer-reviewed and professional journals.
Further you are an energetic and dynamic people oriented personality with natural leadership and excellent communication skills. You are a connector, and have a natural abilty to make and maintain contact with course departments and the professional field. You are a skilled coach and mentor for the members of the research teams. In short, you want to make the difference by setting up constructive international research projects that support midsize companies by expanding in international business and students and lectures by learning and development. Your initiatives and results will contribute to educational improvement and development.
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
A condition for employment in this position is a ‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’ (VOG, certificate of good conduct).